Our Privacy Commitment
JNCTN recognises the trust you are placing in us by using our service. We will do everything we can to maintain that trust. Under law, your rights to privacy are protected. Privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information
When do we collect information?
We need to collect some personal information about you in order to provide you with our cloudbased services. We collect this personal information:
- When you first register yourself or are registered by your organisation to become a user of our solutions
- When you, your organisation, or someone authorised by you, adds, deletes or updates your working credentials
- When you, your organisation or someone authorised by you, maintains the information in your profile within the solution
- If you make a payment
We may also collect general information
- When you have your JNCTN card checked, either by scanning the code on the card or if you email a link to your virtual ID card that someone uses to access the virtual ID card
- When you contact our customer service channels for assistance.
Why do we collect this information?
The information we collect about you is used to provide the JNCTN identity and credential management services to you and the organisations and individuals you work with.
By default we set your status to ‘Opt out’ of our general communications. We will only send marketing material and general updates if you have indicated you wish us to. You can do this during the registration process.
You can opt in or out of receiving this information at any time by contacting us using our email@example.com email address.
Note: As part of the solution you will receive communications and notifications directly related to delivering the service to you, such as reminders that a credential is about to expire).
Personal Information Access
You may review and update the personal information we hold about you at any time by logging into your JNCTN account and selecting ‘Edit my profile’ from the My Dashboard menu. You can also use the portal to access and update your credential information. It is a condition of use that you always keep your information up to date.
We make use of “cookies” on our websites to deliver the JNCTN solutions and to improve and optimise your online experience. A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser that it stores a file. The message is then sent back to our servers when your browser requests a new page. This information helps us understand how our site is being navigated and used.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information from you or about you:
- the information used to for your registration that is shown in you profile page, such as; your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number, birthdate and job role;
- your working credentials. The induction, training, qualifications and licenses you hold or have held that you use in course of carrying out your job role;
- an optional emergency contact name and telephone number;
Do we share information with third parties?
We will only disclose personal information to the third parties (including third parties who you want to verify your credentials via your virtual ID card) as necessary to carry out the services operated via this website and our solutions.
If your information is shared with third parties, either via us or via usage of the solution and virtual ID card these parties are obliged under New Zealand law to observe you privacy rights.
We will disclose information to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
We will not sell or trade your personal information. Aggregated or anonymised information may sometimes be summarised and shared with third parties.
Your personal information will be stored in a secure form in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us or by third parties on our behalf.
We take security seriously and always endeavour to provide a secure, safe online environment. We will hold your user profile and credentials details in Microsoft Azure. All data in transit is transported over encrypted channels using TLS encryption.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Please ensure you sign out when you have finished visiting our website, especially if you have accessed the website from a shared computer.